Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Road Trip

Hello mixers,

First, thank you for my invitation to the mixed club. I'm really enjoying the creative playlists. My album art is really just a picture I found hilarious and represents nothing about my playlist. It does however remind me of my brother's (that would be Brian) original e-mail comment about my wedding DJ's resemblance to Ira Glass.


I could not think of a worthy theme for the month of March, so this compilation is my (condensed) road trip playlist for spring. I actually had a hard time limiting my selections, since there were at least a few tunes I wanted to include from some March album releases (The Strokes, Wye Oak, and Typhoon).


If you're really missing a theme for this month and for those of you who go a little crazy for March Madness, here is a link to some songs/videos that contain "march" or "madness" in the song title -



I hope you enjoy!


- Marla












01- The Strokes :: Two Kinds of Happiness

02- Smith Westerns :: End of the Night

03- Dengue Fever :: Tiger Phone Card

04- Delta Spirit :: Trashcan

05- Wye Oak :: Civilian

06- Sleigh Bells :: Crown On the Ground

07- Glasser :: Home

08- Big Boi & Vonnegutt Sir Lucious Left Foot :: Follow Us

09- Typhoon :: The Honest Truth

10- Camera Obscura :: French Navy

11-Deerhoof :: Rrrrrrright

12-M83 :: Kim & Jessie

13- Amadou & Mariam :: Sabali

14- DeVotchKa :: You Love Me

15- Zero 7 :: In the Waiting Line

16- Vampire Weekend :: Oxford Comma

17- Solid Gold :: Get Over It

Here you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment