Friday, December 31, 2010

I Heard it on SNL


I am on schedule - with 5 hours to spare in the month of December 2010. Yeah!

The inspiration for this mix came from watching Saturday Night Live. No, we do not stay up that late, we have Tivo.

Janis Ian's song "At Seventeen" was SNL's first musical performance from the pilot show, on October 11th, 1975. I initially thought I'd include songs from then entire span of the show's history, but I quickly revised that plan when I got to like 1978 and had 10 songs. So, I kept the first song and then moved to more contemporary artists.

The only song that was not an official performance by a musical guest is "On a Boat" by T. Pain and Adam Sandberg. It's from a hilarious digital short, which you can find here.

1. At Seventeen by Janis Ian, Oct. 11, 1975
2. Travelin' Soldier: Dixie Chicks, Feb. 3, 2003
3. Cancer: My Chemical Romance, Oct. 21, 2006
4. New Slang: The Shins, Jan. 13, 2007
5. Intevention: Arcade Fire, Feb. 24, 2007
6. A-Punk: Vampire Weekend, March 8, 2008
7. Nine in the Afternoon: Panic! at the Disco, April 5, 2008
8. Evil Urges: Kings of Leon, May 10, 2008
9. Use somebody: Kings of Leon, Sept. 20, 2008
10. Mykonos: Fleet Foxes, Jan. 17. 2009
11. Golden Age: TV On the Radio, Feb. 7, 2009
12. On a Boat: T. Pain and Adam Sandberg, Feb. 7, 2009
13 You are the Best Thing: Ray LaMontagne, March 7, 2009
14. Untouchable: Taylor Swift, Nov. 7, 2009
15. Russian Roulette: Rihanna, Dec. 5, 2009
16. What's My Name: Rihanna & Drake, Oct. 30, 2010

And you can get the mix here.

Okay, Madeline and Sully are at my inlaws for the night, and it's time to head out to a New Years Eve party. Happy New Year, everyone!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment